DMR Staff News:
Click here to see hours of operation
• Please note there is high fire danger in our area. Smoking is permitted in designed areas only. No smoking is allowed on-mountain or on the chairlift. Please be mindful of the dry conditions.
• The new Sky Hike Adventure Family Ropes Course and the new Water Runners attractions will be open starting June 1. They will be set up in the Plaza.
• DMR is now offering winter passes to summer employees! There are many jobs still available. Inquire at www.skipurg.com/careers.
• HR is closed on May 25 and 26 but will be open May 27th. Please have employees come to HR on Monday to get processed if they have not already.
• Purgatory Cycle Works Bike Shop will be open starting May 25 and they will serve cookies and juice to celebrate the opening. The shop is located slopeside near Lift 4 (in the Expert Edge winter location). It provides rentals (with new Rocky Mountain Bicycles), is a full-service bike repair shop and features retail items.
• Road closures for the Iron Horse on May 25 is 8am-1pm at Highway 550 and just north of the entrance to Durango Mountain Resort up to Silverton.
• Transportation is available for Quarter Horse riders: 6:15am depart DMR to Durango for race. From the finish line, DMR is providing shuttle service for riders & bikes for $15. Shuttles depart DMR to Durango at noon and 2pm. Iron Horse riders can be shuttled back from Silverton to DMR at 1pm.
• Road closures for the Time Trials on Monday, May 27 are 7am-1pm on County Road 250. Please plan your travels to the resort accordingly.
• Fort Lewis College will be studying the marmots at DMR this summer and how climate change affects marmot behavior. Traps are set to monitor the critters, which are being checked regularly. They are also working with the Forest Service and have the necessary permits to conduct the study.
• The roof and hot tub are being replaced at Kendall. This project should end approximately mid-June.
May 23 Kraynak/Jones ceremony – Engineer Meadow
May 24 Durango Mountain Club re-opens for summer
May 25-27 Durango Mountain Resort Summer Activities open for the holiday weekend
May 25 Quarter Horse to Purgatory, an event of the Iron Horse Bicycle Classic
May 25 Yoga with Rachael 9:30-10:30am FREE class; 11:30am-12:30pm class – by donation. At the DMI.
June 1 Voisine/Orr Wedding Boyce/Purgy’s
Jun 1-Aug18 Durango Mountain Resort Summer Activities open daily
June 8 StoneAge Tools private meeting at the DMI
June 15 Robinson/Bedford Wedding 11am-midnight at the DMI
June 15 Lucero/Marquez Wedding Engineer/Purgy’s
June 16-20 Decker Family Reunion
June 18-21 Edward Jones private meeting at the DMI, Hoody’s & Dante’s
June 19 Internet Alchemy Party 5pm-midnight at the DMI
June 19-23 Townsend family Reunion
June 22 Field/Black Wedding Dante’s
June 29 Mutt ‘n Strut Family 5k
June 29 Barron/Culhane Wedding Boyce/Purgy’s
** Homeowner’s Weekend is July 19- 21.
For more information, visit www.durangomountainresort.com/events, follow us on www.facebook.com/skipurg, www.twitter.com/skipurg and www.pinterest.com/skiPurgatory.