- THERE IS HIGH FIRE DANGER IN THE AREA. Smoking is permitted in designated areas only. No smoking is allowed on-mountain or on the chairlift. Please be mindful of the dry conditions. Prevention is the key! If you see a fire, call 911 immediately. Then call on the radio for help.
- The snowmaking system is charged and other fire response systems are ready to go.
- The West Fork Complex Wildfire incident team is considering a possible opening of WolfCreekPass on Hwy 160 starting on Sat., June 29. The opening is dependent upon three main events: the local fire evacuation orders must be lifted prior to the highway opening; the comprehensive traffic control plan details need to be finalized (for safe escort of motorists); and the fire behavior must remain moderate. Travelers should check CDOT’s road information site at www.cotrip.org before making travel plans.
- Human Resources and PACK will be closed July 4.
- Fireworks are scheduled for Silverton and Durango. DMR has a roundtrip shuttle service to Silverton on the 4th for the fireworks. Seats are limited and reservations are close to selling out. Contact the Transportation Dept. for reservations. 970-426-7282
- The forest service has approved improvement work for the Diggler course. Work will begin on the Diggler Trail this summer.
For more event and employee news click here